Monday, May 4, 2009

Magazine Concepts and Ideas

After spending a couple hours at borders and looking through several fashion/cultural magazines, I found them to be fascinating, creative, fresh, and ridiculous; Clear, Rose, Lulu, and I-D to name a few. I made note of some of the cultural trends and styles of grid, large font types, beautifully large studio photos and decided that rendering my own photography would be way to challenging. I then had another brilliant idea. I decided to take the same basic concepts as something like Portland monthly and design a magazine entirely directed towards children just old enough to read but young enough to still feel important reading an adult mimicking children's magazine. Somewhere around 6-12. The magazine would be have categories similar to a newspaper: Living, Opinion, Business etc. Each article would be interesting comments, stories, or facts, hot-new items which kids would primarily appreciate. Imagery would be mixed photography and illustration. Essentially it would be a children's newspaper set into a Portland Monthly type of layout and grid

No comments:

Post a Comment